Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 2

Ok, I'm a week behind already. Not an auspicious beginning. Thank goodness for fellow 23 thing-ers or I wouldn't be this far. Re: the 7 1/2 habits, I'd have to say the hardest one for me is to use technology to my advantage. I'm fine once I've finally learned it, but I have a tendency to stick with the tried and true. My children tell me I'm a Luddite. I need to push myself to get familiar with the new stuff, hence my first blog here. Most of the other habits are pretty easy for me as I have considered myself a lifelong learner for many years. Accepting responsibility for my own learning is probably the easiest for me, and having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner is something I've worked to achieve.

5 comments:

Lesa said...

Your blog looks great, Gail. And you're definitely not alone in your feelings toward technology. We all have our personal interests and there's no reason to think everyone will naturally be attracted to technology.

It just turned out that in the Information business, it really became unavoidably important.

It's great to see so many of our staff taking the plunge, and with such a positive attitude!
- Lesa

Lesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

Buffalo gal...woe'n'cha come out tonight, woe'n'cha come out tonight, woe'n'cha come out tonight -- Buffalo gal...we've got a song for every occasion in Middletown! :)

James said...

i don't think you're a luddite.

with OPACs and subscription databases and self-check machines and security panels, you couldn't be a librarian and be a luddite. give yourself more credit :)

Colorado Kid said...

I'm so sorry that I have been a source of your frustration over this. I will try to check my email more often to publish my comments